Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tool #2

I am excited about the chance to read other teacher's blogs, from my own school as well as other campuses. The students that we are working with are so much more computer savvy than most of their teachers, so we need to do our very best to keep up as best as we can. By creating our own PLNs, we are being given the opportunity to learn more about the advances in technology, as well as being able to learn information from other teachers.

I completely agree that a simple comment can turn into a conversation between teachers. When I was taking some online classes next year, it was very helpful to get and give feedback from others in the same class. It is a way to easily link your thoughts with others who you may not have physical proximity to. I'm excited to do some hunting and see what others have posted. I'll report back later after I have checked out some blogs!

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking at some blogs from my fellow teachers and am really enjoying them! I have chosen to follow Stacey's Summer Thoughts, Joanne's Jello 11 Tools, Donna's Ma-Donna, and my technological mentor Olga's 11 Tools 2010. They are all a few steps before me and so it is very helpful to see what they have done and the struggles they have had along the way. They are helping me out immensely and giving me comfort that I am not alone out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even think about keep up with other teachers from a different campus, and you're right students are much more savvy than some of us are. I think this is a great way to try and stay savvy...

    ReplyDelete